The Financial Analyst position in the Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC) will assist with oversight and provides support for the administrative and financial operations in the Human Genome Sequencing Center, a world-class Research Center with an annual budget of >$40M per year. The primary focus of this position is to conduct and document moderate to complex financial analysis projects. Develops and prepares special financial reports.
• Assists with oversight and support for the Center's administrative and financial operations, particularly related to sponsored research.
• Participates in annual budget process.
• Participates in pre- and/or post-award grant management activities.
• Compiles, reviews and reconciles grant/contract accounts.
• May prepare/review financial entries and transactions such as journal entries or purchase orders.
• Assists with contract and agreement negotiations and preparation.
• Reviews, interprets and monitors contract requirements and restrictions.
• Monitors compliance with federal regulations and standard operating procedures.
• Ensures time and effort is entered each pay period.
• Certifies data in BRAIN is accurate.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field.
Two years of relevant experience.
• Experience in post-award administration with responsibility for budget development and monitoring, and grants management activities, including annual reporting.
• Ability to produce accurate work product with minimal oversight.
• Advanced Excel skills (an Excel test may be administered as part of the interview process).
• Proven experience in management of a variety financial projects.
• Knowledge of federal policies for grant administration.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to work with faculty, peers, and a wide variety of other stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently, take ownership of assigned work, and take initiative.
• Ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of diverse tasks in a deadline-driven environment, with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience with large-scale accounting/financial platforms (SAP, Business Warehouse, etc.).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.