The Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC) at the Baylor College of Medicine is currently seeking a Web Developer with two or more years of software development experience to design and develop applications for Laboratory Information Management Systems and Genomic Research utilizing established architecture, standard design patterns and coding practices.
Under general direction, performs feasibility studies, hardware/software evaluations, analysis of requirements, system design, programming, testing, implementation, problem solving, enhancements and required maintenance. Could be required to assume responsibility or be backup for the support and maintenance of an application system.
- Meets with users to discuss requirements.
- Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs.
- Creates necessary test data and tests programs.
- Prepares all necessary program documentation.
- On call duties as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Management Information Systems or equivalent technical experience.
- Two years professional experience required with a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- Five (5) or more years of hands on software development experience.
- Experience with Java/J2EE architecture & development.
- Oracle Java Certification.