The Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center (Baylor-HGSC) is one of three large-scale sequencing centers funded by the National Institutes of Health. As one of the three major centers in the United States, the Baylor-HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge genomic science.
The candidate should be experienced in basic protocols in molecular biology and be a quick learner. The candidate should be able to work independently and within a team to process samples in the production pipeline. He/she should be flexible and adapt to the clinic environment and commit to finishing goals in a timely manner. Qualified candidates should be good at multi-tasking, problem-solving, and have strong communication skills.
- Perform sample production following SOPs.
- Document experiment procedures. Collect, compile, evaluate and analyze data. Interpret detailed assay procedures and test results.
- Prepare reagent, solutions, and oligos used for production.
- Update LIMS, sample tracking and project summary using excel sheets.
- Perform routine laboratory equipment maintenance and log records as required.
- Troubleshoot problematic results.
- Track the inventory for reagents and report to team lead when furthering order is needed.
- Assist team lead in laboratory management
- Master's degree in biological science or equivalent. A Bachelor's degree and two years of directly related experience is considered equivalent to a Master's degree.
- No experience required
- Molecular Biology skills including nucleic acid handling, enzymatic reaction, PCR reaction et. al.