The Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center Clinical Laboratory (BCM-HGSC-CL) is seeking to recruit a Research Assistant (RA- I) to work in production pipelines.
The position would principally involve in sample preparation for next generation sequencing (NGS) across multiple pipelines including DNA QC, construction of NGS DNA libraries, target enrichment sequencing, Illumina instrumentation, and SNP array genotyping production.
The candidate should be experienced in basic protocols in molecular biology and be a quick learner. The candidate should be able to work independently and within a team to process samples in the production pipeline. They should be flexible and adapt to the clinic environment and commit to finishing goals in a timely manner. Qualified candidates should be good at multi-tasking, problem-solving, and have strong communication skills.
• Perform sample production following SOPs.
• Document experiment procedures. Collect, compile, evaluate and analyze data. Interpret detailed assay procedures and test results.
• Prepare reagent, solutions, and oligos used for production.
• Update LIMS, sample tracking and project summary using excel sheets.
• Perform routine laboratory equipment maintenance and log records as required.
• Troubleshoot problematic results.
• Track the inventory for reagents and report to team lead when furthering order is needed.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
Molecular Biology skills including nucleic acid handling, enzymatic reaction, PCR reaction et. al.