The Advanced Technology Cores (ATC) at BCM play important role in expanding the research capabilities of all researcher groups at the college. The Human Genome Sequencing Center at Baylor College of Medicine (Baylor HGSC) is one of three large-scale sequencing centers funded by National Institutes of Health. As one of the three major centers in the United States, Baylor HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge genomic science. We continuously seek individuals who are looking to work in a diverse research environment that supports ongoing genomics research, improvements in sequencing technology and genome analysis.
Opportunity for a Research Technician III position is open immediately in Dr. Rui Chen's group at the Single Cell Genomics Core facility. Duties primarily involve performing sample intake, DNA/RNA extraction, QC, sequencing library preparation, and operating the cutting edge single cell related platforms, such as the 10x Genomics CHROMIUM platform. We are looking for highly-motivated, well organized, technical capable person to join our team. Successful applicant should have previous experiences in molecular biology at research environment.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Selects, evaluates and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience Preferred: molecular biology laboratory experience and previous experience in cell culture, molecular biology and sequencing