Performs responsible research work of a complex nature that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in a basic science or equivalent education.
- Preferred: Master's degree in a basic science.
Required: One year of directly related experience.