The Human Genome Sequencing Center was founded in 1996 under the leadership of Dr. Richard Gibbs and is a world leader in genomics. The fundamental interests of the HGSC are in advancing biology and genetics by improved genome technologies. As one of the three large-scale sequencing centers funded by the National Institutes of Health, the HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of genomic science in a state of the art institution. Today, the HGSC is comprised of more than 160 Faculty , Staff and Students , and it occupies more than 36,000 square feet on the 14th, 15th, and 16th floors of the Margaret M. and Albert B. Alkek Building. The HGSC is located on the southwest edge of downtown Houston, the fourth largest city in the U.S., in the Texas Medical Center, the world's largest medical complex. The major activity of the HGSC is high-throughput DNA sequence generation and the accompanying analysis. The HGSC is also involved in developing the next generation of DNA sequencing and bioinformatics technologies that will allow greater scientific advances in the future.
- Prepares and designs financial analyses and reports.
- Develops and updates financial forecasting models.
- Monitors financial accounts for compliance with budgeted amounts.
- Gathers and organizes data and assists in budget preparation.
- Prepares various financial surveys.
- Participates in various assigned reporting projects.
- May lead the work and provide work direction to lower level financial analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Five years financial analysis work experience
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting.