The Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center (BCM-HGSC) at the is currently seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst with six or more years of business and systems analysis experience preferably with Laboratory Information Management Systems, Genomic Research and Bioinformatics.
The Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center (BCM-HGSC) is one of three large-scale sequencing centers funded by the National Institutes of Health. As one of the three major centers in the United States, the BCM-HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge genomic science.
BCM-HGSC is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to work in a rapidly evolving research lab to create world-class software. This new member will work with researchers to create unique and impactful applications that will further the understanding of genetic diseases.
BCM-HGSC offers opportunities that provide both educational and professional growth. No matter what the role, our employees make a significant contribution to genome research and tomorrow’s science in a family-friendly work environment.
BCM-HGSC is located in the Texas Medical Center and provides an academic environment that balances work and personal life.
- Gather, analyze, prioritize and document business requirements and use cases with customers, subject matter experts and end users in Genomic Research/Sequencing areas.
- Gather, analyze, prioritize and document business requirements and use cases with customers, subject matter experts and end users for the Laboratory Information Management Systems.
- Work with SMEs and the development team to translate business requirements to technical specifications and user cases for design, development and implementation.
- Critically evaluate information and requirements gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Perform day to day support and training of Laboratory Information Management Systems and other bioinformatics applications and help diagnose support requests.
- Conduct demos and training of the LIMS and other applications regularly to end users.
- Develop user guides and training material for the LIMS and other applications.
- Perform QA and facilitate UAT with end users.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related fields.
- Experience with proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
- Experience in business process modeling, use case modeling, object modeling, use case analysis and use of UML notation.
- Experience with the software development life cycle.
- Experience with analyzing business process and translating processes to IT requirement documents.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and the ability to work in an agile/iterative development environment with a diverse group of developers, managers and subject matter experts.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems is preferred.
- Scientific knowledge and experience in genomic research, specifically in next Generation Sequencing and/or Bioinformatics.