The Library Construction group is responsible for preparation of samples for sequencing across multiple NextGen sequencing platforms. This position would principally involve in sample preparation for next generation sequencing (NGS) across multiple pipelines including DNA QC, construction of DNA and RNA libraries for NGS DNA libraries for Next- Generation sequencing pipelines (Illumina, PacBio and others) and target enrichment (capture) sequencing. His/her essential functions and duties could include leading a sub-area/team within the library group to processing samples and also oversee projects. This position involves working extensively with Robotic liquid handlers and LIMS for high- through library construction, quantification of libraries and sequence capture for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). This individual is expected to work independently and also lead a sub-area/team in the Library group to process samples in the production pipeline, manage projects, conducts R&D experiments, write evaluation reports and SOPs including protocol development and optimization. This individual is expected to track and report samples in queue, provide project updates and follow-ups in library meetings and some key center-wide production meetings.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Assists in grant preparation and development.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Trains and orients less experienced research staff.
- May supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Master's degree in a basic science or equivalent*.
- Two years of related experience.
*NOTE: A Bachelor's degree in a basic science and two years of directly related experience is considered 'equivalent' to a Master's degree.
- Prior supervisory experience and working in a high- throughput setting in the genomics or microarray laboratories.
- Illumina arrays experience with automated liquid handling platform, and use of MS Excel and LIMS.
- Experience working in a GCP compliant lab or a CLIA laboratory is desirable.